Monday, August 15, 2011

Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear Nail Polish in Fuchsia Power: A Review

The other day, I had a work meeting. It went on for quite some time, but not as long as I was expecting it too. Now, I absolutely hate work meetings. I had all this work I needed to do, and that was taking up my time. But on the positive side of thing, I learnt some pretty nifty little things when I was there and I also got some free littles things which I'm hopefully going to review another one of them once I figure out what it is!
One of the free things I got was a Sally Hansen nail polish that is going on sale at my work within the next week.

I got it in the colour Fuchsia Power, which is this really hot pink which I'm so excited to wear in summer when my skin has that sun-kissed glow to it!
But, on to the review.
So, I tried it out the night I got it because my nails really needed to be painted again and I felt like a new, bright colour to get me through the few days of bad weather ahead (even thought they turned out to be beautiful, spring weather!). So, I went ahead and painted my nails in this hot pink colour.
What I love about this product is that it doesn't chip easily! It stays on for ages, and it's so gorgeous! It made my skin look all glowy and the colour is just so girly and pretty that I'm in love with it! But, like all products, there is a bad side to it, and this one is it's drying time. I was really hoping it would only take 10 minutes to dry at the most, but oh no, it didn't. It took way longer than I was prepared to wait! I painted my nails around just before 9, at 9:35 when I was ready to get into bed and read for a while, they still weren't properly dry! I had the most difficult time trying to get into my pyjama's because of this.
If the drying time wasn't so long, I would love this product more than I do currently. It's a gorgeous colour, it doesn't chip easily (I'm a student, therefore, I spend quite a bit of time on computers doing homework so they get whacked on hard things alot) but the drying time is a massive down side. I do plan to buy some more of these Xtreme Wears, only because I adore the colours. I have inserted a picture somewhere of what the colour looks like, but no I do not have with it on my nails; sorry!
I plan to get it in:
  • Going Green
  • Crushed
  • Hot Magenta
  • Bubblegum Pink
  • Blue It
    and maybe some others!

No comments:

Post a Comment