Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Nail Polishes for each Season: A Collection; Winter

So, I decided I'd put together my must have nail polishes/nail polish colours for every season of the year. So you know, I have a massive nail polish collection currently! But, no matter what, you need to have a base coat and a top coat for your nails, it will make it look so much better and I'm pretty sure the base coat like strengthens your nails as well or something, depending what sort you get (:
Winter
So, I'm currently in winter and I'm absolutely loving duochrome's and sparkley nail polishes! They are so pretty, even though the sparkley ones are so hard to get off!
  1. A deep red. Being winter, bright colours don't really go well with many skin tones because heaps of people have lost the tan they got over summer, even if your skin doesn't seem to darken, everyone's does. A deep red is so gorgeous on wintery skin, like it's so much better than a normal red because it's more...balanced I guess you would say. My one is by Rimmel, it's one of the Lycra wears and it's called 391 Celebrity Bash.
  2. A dark blue. So, any sort of dark blue is great for winter. Like, a royal blue or a navy blue for example. My favourite blue is so dark, it looks black in some lightings, but when it hits any sort of normal light it's a gorgeous shade of a royal blue with these green duochrome's. It's so beautiful! It's by Australis and it's in the colour 62290 Emerald Star.
  3. A purple. So, I tend to wear purples more in autumn and winter than any other month, it just seems more natural I guess, not that it is natural by any means. But it just seems to fit better. In all honesty, I adore metallic dark purples. I have absolutely no idea what colour my one is but I know for sure it's by Borghese, not sure if any of you have heard of it buy oh well.
  4. A black. No matter what, every girl needs to have at least one black nail polish. It suits almost any season! Like, they look gorgeous with sunkissed skin and just as beautiful with wintery skin. I have two blacks, one's a matte and ones a glossy sort of one, the glossy one is my most reached for out of the two. But seriously, I have such pale skin and it looks gorgeous with it! My number one is by T.B.N and in the colour 930 Black Beauty.
  5. A pink. I think almost every girl who owns nail polish has at least one pink. Pinks go with every season, like bright pinks for summer, pastel pinks for winter, deep pinks for autumn and anything for spring. So, a cute pastel pink for winter is a must have! I currently have like 3 different shades that are very similar for winter, and they are all so gorgeous! My favourite is buy Rimmel, one of the Lycra wears and is in the colour 283 Pure Sin. The worst part about it is that it takes forever to dry!
So, I hope this was a little helpful and some sort of guide for your wintery nail polishes, but tomorrow night I'm going to do the Summer nail polishes (:
Also, my next edition in the series will be done on Sunday, I haven't had time recently!
I'll also be doing an 'update' on my life within the next two weeks, so yeah.

xoxo Sammi.

No comments:

Post a Comment