Sunday, May 29, 2011

Winter Makeup: A Written Tutorial

I decided I would take a new spin on makeup tutorials, instead of recording one, I'm going to write/type it all out for you!
I know this has been done before, I'm not trying to say I started the 'writing of tutorials' I just want to do one.
I'm going to say what the prices are usually, what brand/type of makeup I'm using and whatever else! Hope you enjoy.
P.S I will be doing a video on youtube soon, I will link my channel when I have it up and running!
  1. First off, I apply a moisturiser and sunscreen. I put the two of them together because they're both before my actual makeup routine, but in a way, they're still apart of it. For sunscreen I use Banana Boat Kids: SPF 30, I apply it all over my face, down my neck, on my ears and on the top part of my chest. After around 5-10 minutes I apply my moisturiser, I use L'Oreal's Triple Action Day. I apply this to the same places I applied my sunscreen, except my ears.
  2. After that all dries in, I apply a primer. I use Natio's Ageless: Illuminating Primer. I absolutely adore this product! It makes my skin feel so soft and smooth, it keeps my makeup in place all day, literally all day! I apply this all over my face.
  3. After that, depending in what mood I am, what I'm doing that day and what condition my skin is in I will either apply a foundation, tinted moisturiser or completelty skip this step. But, when I wear foundation I either use Neutrogena's Healthy Skin (oil free) in Classic Porcelain, it has an SPF 20 or I use CoverGirl's Clean foundation for normal skin in Ivory. I actually have combination skin, but I find that this one does actually stop oil and that from showing completely, but maybe that's just my opinion. When I use a tinted moisturiser I use Nutrimetics Sheer Tint tinted moisturiser. Like the name says, it is very sheer, but I still love it. I apply the foundation/tinted moisturiser all over my face and blend it down my neck.
  4. I now use a concealer on my undereye area. I'm currently using Rimmel's Hide The Blemish concealer. I do like this product, it does the job, but there are others out there that would most likely be waaaaay better!
  5. POWDER! Okay, this step is determined by what I decided above. Like if I use a tinted moisturiser, I use my mineral powder by the Body Shop or my compact by CoverGirl. The compact powder is a powder in the Clean line, I think it's the one for sensitive skin, but I can't remember. It's in Ivory. My Body Shop mineral powder is one of the Nature's Minerals line, I seriously do not know what colour it is in. All I know is it's a really light one with a pinky undertone.
  6. Now, I move on to my eyes. My eyes are really simple, I don't have an eye primer so I use my face primer (yes, I know I'm not suppose to use a face primer as an eye primer) and I quickly prime my lids. I use a Chi Chi brownish quad for my eyeshadow. I got this quad in a set sort of thing, so I have no idea what the colours are called or how much they are. I use one that has a slight goldish undertone as a base and the darkest at the outter v. That's all I do for my eyeshadow.
  7. I now line and apply mascarra! For my eyeliner, I use the BYS gel eyeliner in Black Magic. This isn't the greatest eyeliner, but it's alright. I love gel eyeliners, but unfortunately this is the only one I have currently. I curl my lashes with an eye lash curler, I can't remember where I got it or how much it was. I then apply mascarra, I use Rimmel's VolumeFlash and the Body Shop's Define and Lengthen mascarra.
  8. Cheeks! I only use a blush in winter. I'm currently using one by Chi Chi. It's a really light pink, similar to MAC's Well Dressed blush.
  9. I apply a quick coat of lipgloss to my lips, I use a Sportsgirl lipgloss in the colour Tutti Frutti which is a really yummy corally colour!
PRICES: (Does not include the Chi Chi products, the sunscreen or any other product that I cannot find the price for)
CoverGirl Clean Liquid foundation: $15.50
CoverGirl Clean Pressed Powder: $14.40
Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Liquid foundation: $ $12.49
Natio's Ageless Illumination Primer: $15.41
Sportsgirl's Give Some Lip: $8.95
The Body Shop's Nature's Minerals powder: $39.95
Rimmel's website does not list the prices for products or else I would have them up!

DISCLAIMER: I bought all these products myself except for the lipgloss which was given to me for my birthday by my brother's girlfriend. I am not being paid to do a review/promote a product. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment